Ward Parkway Center is a privately owned business with public access. All persons are invited to visit our property.
Ward Parkway Center has found it necessary to implement policies for unsupervised youth who frequent the center.
Our policies are not intended to violate youth right, or alienate youth shoppers, but rather to protect our youth and ensure the pleasant atmosphere we extend to all of our visitors.
If you have any inquiries about Ward Parkway Center's youth policies, or any other information pertaining to Ward Parkway Center, please do not hesitate to contact one of our management team members at:
Monday - Friday
from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Code of Conduct
for Ward Parkway Shopping Center
To make your visit and that of your fellow visitors more pleasant, we kindly ask that you do not engage in any of the following conduct while in the center. If you do, you are violating the Center's Code of Conduct, which may result in your expulsion from the center.
Please refrain from the following while in the center:
1. Taking action that can result in the substantial risk of physical harm to persons or property.
2. Threatening or harassing any person.
3. Running, rollerblading, skateboarding, skating, bicycling, or any action that interferes with the free flow o traffic inside the center and/or access to stores.
4. Standing or walking in such a way to cause inconvenience to others.
5. Littering, throwing, discarding, or depositing any paper, glass, or other matter of any kind anywhere except in designated trash receptacles.
6. Defacing, damaging, or destroying any property, public or personal, that is part of, or located in or on, the center, including writing, spraying, scratching, or otherwise affixing graffiti on such property.
7. Bringing in animals, except for service animals in the company of and trained to assist disabled patrons.
8. Yelling, screaming, playing loud music, or similar behavior that creates noise of sufficient volume to interfere with the hearing or peace of the general public.
9. Engaging in protests, petitioning, or solicitations for charity.
10. Violating any federal, state or local laws.
11. Distributing commercial advertisements, flyers, or messages of any kind, offering samples of items that are sold or available for sale, or actually selling.
12. Wearing no shirt, or footwear. Wearing of any clothing deemed inappropriate by security or center management.
13. The wearing of masks and hoods that cover the face.
14. Sitting on stairs, planters, trash receptacles, kiosks, or escalators.
15. Possessing an explosive or incendiary device of any kind, including fireworks.
16. Possessing a firearm on your person, including hand guns, rifles, shotguns, bows or crossbows.
17. Possessing a knife or other edge/melee weapon (real or fake) on your person while on the property.
18. Entering any area of the center not open to the public.
20. Loitering or sleeping in any areas of the mall.
21. Photographing or videotaping of the mall property without written approval.
22. The use of profane language, obscene gestures, or wearing obscene or offensive clothing.
23. Smoking - Ward Parkway offers a smoke free environment for the enjoyment of all visitors.
24. Bringing in alcohol or consuming alcohol anywhere other than in an area designated for that purpose.
25. Refusing to cooperate with center management and/or center security.
The mall reserves the right to prohibit any other activity that affects the comfort and safety of its visitors. The mall also reserves the right to evict or ban individuals found to have violated these General Policies.
Important Phone Numbers:
Mall Security : 816-714-8248
Mall Management Office : 816-363-3545
Kansas City Police : 816-234-5000
Ward Parkway Center's Tips For Parents:
1. You are responsible for your children's behavior : Set Behavior Expectations!
2. Know the four W's :
a.) WHERE are your children going?
b.) WHAT will your children be doing?
c.) WHO will be with your children?
d.) WHO is the emergency contact?
3. Teach your children to settle arguments with words, not fists, and to walk away when others are arguing. Remind them that taunting and teasing can hurt friends and make enemies.
4. Help your children plan their spare time in a constructive manner. Make your children aware that there are consequences for inappropriate or illegal behavior.
5. Our children are our community's most valuable asset. Ward Parkway Center would like to work closely with parent, neighborhoods, businesses and the police to provide a pleasant environment. Please help us by doing your part!